Sr. UX Designer
Remote – US
- This position is accountable for providing user experience capabilities to project teams and managers for a variety of projects across the organization.
- Provide expertise through User Research (which may include usability testing, field studies, surveys, interviews and persona development), and UX Design (which may include task analysis, audience analysis, wire frame development, interactive prototype creation and design evaluations).
- This position provides strategic direction to the IT UX Roadmap. Operate with a 1-3-year view of UX direction and develop roadmaps for this timeframe based on business and customer needs, technology trends and innovation.
- S/he does research and evaluates the appropriate UX processes and practices which fit specific technology or business solutions.
- The position provides training, mentoring and support to IT Professionals and business decision makers on UX principles, practices, standards and strategic plans. S/he shall act as UX Lead for large projects; works with IT and business domains to define UX strategy and direction to ensure that it meets current and future needs of the business.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and design teams to translate business requirements into meaningful user experiences.
- Work closely with IT and business stakeholders to maintain consistent UX throughout an application, site or domain and ensure intended user experiences are executed.
- Act as a liaison with customer experience and technology teams to ensure that UX remains consistent across applications.
- Work collaboratively with other team members on interaction design principals and best practices.
- Assess and identify most effective UX methods and best practices for specific projects. Assist teams in assessing UX needs.
- Provide strategic recommendations and long-term solutions.
- Promote the importance of and advocate for user-centered activities across the enterprise.
- Manage, maintain and promote user interface standards, design patterns and best practices.
- Proactively research and communicate trends and best-practices related to specific UX areas.
- Provide UX leadership to help coordinate UX-related activities across the enterprise.
- Provide consultative services to IT, business departments and third-party vendors as needed.
- Translate high-level requirements, including target audience needs, tasks and goals into innovative and effective user interface designs and data visualizations. Be able to incorporate real user feedback into designs.
- Communicate the intended UX, interactions and design through artifacts such as conceptual maps and models, user and task analysis diagrams, storyboards, wireframes, site maps, workflow and design specifications.
- Understand and produce design solutions for web, mobile, paper, or other technologies/platforms.
- Be able to defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards.
- Provide analysis and research to define and develop taxonomies for complex navigation structures.
- Collaborate with user researchers and other UX professionals to ensure validation and consistency of UI designs.
- Recommend, plan and conduct user research with a wide range of user groups, including consumers, financial advisors, credit union staff, enterprise users, and others.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative research using a variety of methods and protocols, including usability testing, competitive analysis, benchmarking, focus groups, surveys, field studies and more.
- Report and present actionable insights, based on user research, for product and design teams.
- Discover and prioritize underlying factors driving user satisfaction and user interface effectiveness. Translate these insights into actionable recommendations for interface design.
- Develop an informed view of current and potential users and customers and their characteristics and experiences.
- Create and maintain tools to share insights (personas, user journeys, experience maps, and similar) across the organization for use in product and design discussions.
- Work with people and teams across the company to understand information gaps and needs, and then recommend, plan and conduct research to generate useful insights.
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary.
- Conduct research to validate interaction and information design
- The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years minimum recent, related work experience
- UX Generalist or UX Design or User Research experience
- Demonstrated understanding of user centered design principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with user experience tools, such as usability testing tools, wire framing and prototyping tools.
- Experience with complex, transactional business applications. Understanding of HTML and CSS (ability to write code not required).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises.
- Understanding of how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
- Work effectively within technical, creative and budgetary constraints.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, direct a project plan and meet project deliverable expectations. Be able to shift priorities to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to meet complex business needs.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.