Title: Senior UX Researcher
Initial Term: 6 months, potential to extend or convert to hire
Location: New York, NY – All work will be on-site once permissible.
· Only candidates who are open to working on site once permissible can be considered
· Must have a minimum 5 years User Experience Research in a product setting
· This is a SENIOR level role, Individual Contributor
· Portfolio will be required
Sr. UX Researchers help their product teams focus on the end user, and are responsible for leading qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that influence the evolution of products. They inspire change by evangelizing for the integration of research methods into the product development process.
Researchers are embedded in product teams but engage with their peers as part of the research community of practice.
The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about gathering insights based on direct observation and evidence-based best practices in the field to create products that are useful, usable, and satisfying.
Researchers work closely with product managers, designers, prototypers, engineers, and sales throughout the development process.
- Early on in a product’s development, they plan and conduct interviews, contextual inquiries, and field studies with users and subject-matter experts to develop an understanding of users’ needs and workflows.
- They evaluate early stage concepts through empirical methods (e.g. first-click studies, card-sorting, guerilla interviews) and analytic methods (e.g. heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough) and include considerations of diversity & inclusion in their deliberations (ex: GenderMag method).
- In later stages, they plan and conduct usability analyses in a state-of-the-art usability lab, or using remote tools.
- During development, they work with data scientists and engineers to assure that products are instrumented in a way that allows us to evaluate their use while maintaining the privacy of clients.
- With deployed products, they plan and conduct analyses to illuminate where the product is serving clients’ needs across regions and roles and how the team should evolve its concept and implementation.
- As practice experts, they mentor UX designers in their research efforts and promote the value of UX research within the organization and to the broader UX profession.
- As life-long learners, they continuously increase their research skills and industry knowledge, via internal training and education, industry conferences, and the UX book club.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute exploratory field studies, usability inspections, usage analysis, and lab studies
- 5+ years of experience in user experience research in a product setting
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations
- Working knowledge of a recording/logging tool such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, etc.
- S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, -Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred; Ph.D. is desired
- Flexibility to travel (10%), including internationally
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistical analysis, including large scale usability studies
- Familiarity working in financial domains
- Experience evaluating platform-level functionality (such as operating system features and user interface toolkits)
- Experience working with enterprise products or software as a service
- Knowledge of eye-tracking methods