Senior Learning Experience Designer
Location: McLean, VA – HYBRID REMOTE
Relocation assistance available
Great opportunity in the Education Services Department as a Senior Learning Experience Designer who engages with Agile development teams supporting mortgage servicing products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superb Instructional Writing skills with the ability to develop content for complex business processes, systems and policies.
- Ideally 7+ years of experience writing Online Help as well as training materials.
- Proficiency in RoboHelp and eLearning authoring tools
- Knowledge of Mortgage Servicing
We design, develop and deliver client-centric learning solutions. Our team leverages business expertise, innovative techniques and technology to create easy-to-access learning solutions that make it easier for clients to do business with the company.
In this role, you will be an integral part of developing and executing business-oriented learning strategies for various projects focused on mortgage servicing initiatives. Utilize your creativity, consultative, problem solving, instructional design, and project management skills to provide clear and easy-to-understand learning solutions for our clients.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Using business analytical skills to identify training needs
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) in a constantly evolving and sophisticated environment
- Leading the end-to-end development of training curriculum for mortgage servicing tools, projects and policies
- Creating and managing project plans
- Authoring learning content for different delivery methods, including online help, user guides/training manuals, job aides, tutorials and webinar presentations.
- Editing materials for clarity, consistency, and instructional soundness – while continually looking for ways to improve them.
- Facilitating cross-functional meetings to resolve issues
- Leveraging learning industry trends to deliver innovative and positive learning experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 5-7 years of proven experience
- Proven instructional design/learning experience design experience with complex topics
- Strong business analysis
- Technical writing and or strong communications/copywrite experience
- Solid consultative skills and ability to build business partner relationships
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work independently and with a collaborative team
- Proficiency with multi-tasking and prioritizing competing priorities
- Mortgage Servicing experience is a plus!
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Proven professional writing skills and in-depth knowledge of grammar
- Ability to analyze business processes, systems and policies and translate that analysis to learning solutions
- Desire to learn and understand the Single-Family business
- Flexible approach and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Articulate 360, Adobe Acrobat Professional, RoboHelp, SnagIt and/or other eLearning authoring tools
- A sense of humor