Senior Creative/UX Designer
McLean, VA – Hybrid Remote
- Do you thrive to find ways to help shape the future through Human-Centered Design? Are you interested in building and shaping digital products, while improving your creative design and technology skills?
- If you possess a growth mindset, tackle problems through design, and can successfully integrate across agile teams that are foundational to our Digital Transformation, then we are your next destination employer!
The Customer Experience (CX) team is more than just traditional CX and the analysis of measurement and metrics. We are a trusted partner in our digital transformation, responsible for UX and Human-Centered Design (HCD). We ensure that the design of our technical solutions represent and meet the needs of our customers by gaining a true appreciation for them and putting them at the center of our decision-making process. The team provides perspective, ideas, as well as concepts through prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, usability tests, etc. Together, we influence the direction, prioritization, and development within our agile teams.
Enable the Delivery of Experience-Driven Technical Solutions by understanding:
- The people: empathizing and understanding the journeys, experiences, pain-points, and needs of our internal and external customers and translate that into creative design
- The process: defining reality vs. perceived and re-imagining the future… not optimizing the present
- The technology; appreciating customer and employee interactions / use cases with technology throughout the lifecycle of a loan
- The data; realizing our customer’s needs in accessing and visualizing data and the influence UI / UX design plays
- 5-7+ years of design or product strategy, visual or interaction design, data visualization and experience design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience building, implementing, and maintaining Design Systems; including the creation, management, documentation and governance of design components in complex digital environments
- Understand the application and implementation of the Design Thinking methodology, to include ethnographic research, and the artifacts that support it
- Experience in usability testing; ensuring customer feedback is incorporated into future design increments
- Proficient in Design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch), Prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, InVision, Axure), Design System management tools (e.g., Figma, InVision DSM, Confluence)
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong consultation, facilitation, and social skills, to include a sense of humor
- Collaborate across the team while developing mutually beneficial relationships across our organization and customer base
- Eagerness to influence and mature a growing design practice
- Possess a deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things different and better
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet