Title: Pharma Sales Training Specialist
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience including content development & facilitation.
- The Training Development Manager will be principally responsible for building training and development curriculum which will facilitate clinical education, detailed product knowledge, soft skills and business acumen training sessions.
- This will include training and development needs for the company.
- This position will also serve as the conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to sales personnel through multiple training mediums, while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, design, and manage sales training and curriculum design for branded products within four commercial business units – and coordinate the delivery / execution of these programs
- Standardize, as much as possible, training programs across divisions
- Develop and Facilitate trainings throughout the organization including but not limited to Professional Development and Orientation programs
- Serve as a Training Mentor to identified areas
- Develop standardized onboarding process for all new-hires
- Manage the development of all levels of training targeted toward existing and new product launches
- Manage the development of all levels of training targeted toward new hires and existing hires
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs
- Evaluates trainee performance and keeps management informed of progress
- Work with Marketing to ensure alignment of training programs with product strategy
- Work with Sales Directors to ensure fulfillment of divisional sales training needs
- Work with Regional Trainers from each division to develop special training initiatives for their respective divisions
- Maintain consistency with Medical, Legal and Regulatory standards
- Prioritizes projects based on strategic importance to the organization
- Training formats should include a variety of delivery methods, including oral, written, online, audio and video
- Evaluates/recommends outside vendor training resources and programs
- Continually assess the training and development needs for the field force to ensure and maintain the effectiveness and compliance of the sales force in each division
Education Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree, preferred, with a minimum of 5 years’ of pharmaceutical sales training experience including content development & facilitation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and excel in a matrix-style organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute in ambiguous circumstances under short timelines.