Medical Information Associate
Term: 1 year, potential to extend
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Initially remote due to COVID protocols
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health care related field or life sciences background
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or other healthcare-related field using customer service skills.
- Requires strong team and communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic scientific understanding.
- Superior skills in using database software management, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and internet search skills.
The Medical Information Associate is the primary point of contact for all inquiries received in Medical Information via phone, email, mail and web chat from health care professionals, consumers/patients, field personnel, internal business partners and other customers.
The Medical Information Associate responds to product information requests, clinical trial inquiries and other product-related inquiries, may escalate complex and/or off-label product inquiries, and handles other non-product or business-related inquiries. Activities include but not limited to:
• Oversees the creation of fulfillment packages for medical information inquiries via email, mail, fax and web chat and manages the administrative function for the product information database.
• Manages the replacement process for potential technical product complaints and serves as the liaison to Quality Systems for quality issues and information. Collects Adverse Event reports from external or internal customers on an as-needed basis.
• Conducts quality monitoring and creates reports for designated inquiries.
• Develops product information resources, technology enhancements, customer service improvements, and performance improvement projects and activities.
• May also contribute to the revision of standard medical responses and fact checking of various scientific materials in collaboration with the Medical Information Manager.
Responsibilities Percent of Time
- Respond to product information inquiries, clinical trial inquiries and select business and non-product related inquiries from health care professionals, consumers/patients, field staff, internal business partners and other customers. May escalate off-label and complex product inquiries. Serve as liaison to Quality Systems for product quality issues and information. 60%
- Assist with intercompany literature resources, including electronic journals, e-book and database links in the Eisai Electronic Resource Library (EERL) and Product Literature Database (Pi2), and all paper copy resources 10%
- Conduct quality monitoring, create reports and contribute to development of product information resources, technology enhancements, customer service improvements and performance improvement projects and activities 10%
- Oversee creation of fulfillment packages for medical information inquiries via email, mail, fax or web chat. Manage administrative function for the product information database. 10%
- Contribute to the revision of standard medical responses, performing literature searches and fact checking of various scientific materials. 10%