Title: Lead Product Designer
Industry: Financial Services/Mortgage
REMOTE, RELO OR ON SITE
Remote candidates EST or CST only please
- Are you passionate about delivering innovative experiences that delight and inspire customers?
- Does working on a multi-disciplinary team that solves complex business problems using human-centered design, lean and digital technology excite you?
- In this role, you’ll provide strategic product design for new concepts and incubations in the Innovation Lab.
- You’ll partner with a dynamic team to develop an outside-in perspective on our customers, their problems, their needs and innovative solutions.
- We bring lean, design-thinking and digital technology together to solve some of our customers’ most difficult problems, where break-through solutions can best be conceived through innovation and ideation sprints, rapid prototyping and concept incubation
- We leverage a venturing framework where desirability, viability, feasibility and right-to-win are the lenses we use to evaluate the merits of our concepts and experiments
- Our work is design and data-led: we research, hypothesize, prototype, collect data and pivot when needed. We discover product-market fit through testing, iterating and advocating for our customers
Seasoned professional with over 10 years of experience. A leader who understands the Design Thinking process thoroughly, including the tasks under its umbrella, how they enable product concepts to become a reality. An educator and evangelist for the Design discipline, educating not only other designers, but also other departments within the organization.
Scope and Tasks:
- Experience with design tools including, but not limited to; Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Figma, among others
- Ability to work well in a team environment and effectively communicate with other team members across a variety of departments
- Ability to communicate with key stakeholders in order to understand business needs, industry dynamics, client expectations and technical feasibility requirements
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to design solutions
- Ability to deliver Design artifacts that articulate with established Design Systems, while contributing to its evolution
- Presents solution concepts, articulates user needs based on research, all anchored on an identifiable process that the professional is able to thoroughly explain, educate and evangelize
- Consistently investigate and research industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technologies and promote them within the UX team and throughout the organization
- Understand Research, Usability Testing, Metrics assessment, Customer Support Input, fundamental factors that power quantitative and qualitative input for product creation and refinement. Ability to translate all these inputs into documentation easily shareable across the organization
- Lead exploratory Design Sessions/Initiatives, with the goal of gathering further insight into product functionality, longevity and general strategy (including factors such as localization, accessibility, offline experiences, cross platform experiences, among others)
- Lead other Team Members in the implementation of Design Thinking processes/methodologies, specifically through the usage of Workshops, Usability Testing, Assessing & Compiling Relevant Data for the Initiatives at hand
- Experienced in creating, organizing, and maintaining documentation
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and communicative
- BS/BA or Master’s degree in (Strategic) Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Design Planning, Strategy or other relevant experience
- Understanding and depth regarding latest technology trends
- Highly skilled in user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong focus on research methods, frameworks and tools
- Strong expertise in prototyping and market testing
- Ability to work with a highly collaborative and iterative concept development team
- Strong communication and product pitch skills
Samples: A portfolio showcasing your work will be required. A relevant portfolio will show case deep case studies, from concept/ideation through prototyping