Title: Interaction Designer
Location: New York, NY
Seeking an experienced Interaction Designer with a passion for making complex transactional systems intuitive and valuable.
This position requires a strong foundation in user centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and colleagues.
Designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from customer research, conceptualizing, storyboarding, detailed design and working with engineering teams on executing designs.
Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts.
This position will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements.
The design team provides product stewardship and governance through a customized UI toolkit that specifies interactions at a very granular level.
Interaction Designers create and maintain standards for this toolkit as well as recommended design patterns for our 3,000+ technologists to follow.
Through collaboration with the technology and product teams, designers are able to test solutions in real-time and instantaneously deliver software to customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- Track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Understanding of workflow systems, software development processes, and command center monitoring tools
- Experience in project management a plus
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Portfolio: Will be required