Title: Engineering Documentation – Aviation
Location: Akron Ohio
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Remote only candidates will be considered
- This is a new position to develop & manage the creation of technical documents required to support engineers within the (Aviation) Product Development team.
- Support evaluation of products or technologies by: Entering test requests, following testing progress, addressing related issues, and providing test results summary to engineers.
- Support the functional Aviation Principal Engineer on the response to various RFI/RFP requests from Aviation OEMs.
- Note: This is not documentation of operating or maintenance manuals or bulletins.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Will have worked with engineers on product development/qualifications working with OEMs.
- Will understand product requirements, look at test data and be able to articulate how testing and analysis meet/exceeded product requirements.
- Create technical documents to support Aviation OEM requirements
- Develop and maintain a document and requirement management system for major Aviation OEMs
- Develop and manage record retention of documents for the life of the Aviation programs
- Support the maintenance of QMTS (Quality Management Technical Systems) related Quality specifications for Aircraft products and processes using CompliantPro software
- Support the functional Aviation Principal Engineer on the response to various RFI/RFP requests from Aviation OEMs and on maintenance of the Aviation Global Tire Design Manual
- Support evaluation of products or technologies by: Entering test requests, following testing progress, addressing related issues, and providing test results summary to engineers
Required Education and Experience
- BA or BS in communications, English, Journalism, or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years technical writing experience required
- Experience in planning, organizing and writing technical documents/procedures for a product development or manufacturing organization
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to identify document deficiencies (missing or incorrect information)
- Ability to clearly write Aviation technical documents
- Excellent written communication, organization and documentation skill